CONTACT

collectıons

ABOUT

HOME

BLOG

Ceramic Art , Sculpture & Objects

THE BLOG

I create ceramic sculpture for minimalist interiors

Lithic Sculptural Vessels

February 6, 2019

The Lithic Collection is a series of sculptural ceramic vessels. They are modern pots that have an ancient feel, as if they have recently been dug up from the earth.  They are beautiful statement pieces and conversation starters that infuse a sense of poetry into an interior.  The clean lines and minimal aesthetic allow the Lithic Collection to feel equally at home placed on a simple wooden table or in the lobby of a hotel.

If you would like to commission a piece or request a list of available works please fill out the contact form located at the bottom of this page.

Leave a note

1. MINDY GRAY says:

I am wondering if your art bowls can be used to serve food. Also wondering if you do dinner plates.

• Yasha Butler says:

Hi Mindy,
      These bowls from the Lithic Collection are created to be sculptural objects and are not safe to serve food. However the bowls from my Mediterranean Collection have a food safe glaze 🙂

2. Derek Gruen says:

Hi,

Can these bowls be used as planters for small house plants ?

• Yasha Butler says:

Hi Derek,
      These bowls are created as sculptural art pieces and are not designed to function as planters (ie they do not have drainage holes etc.). I have not tested this myself, but you could put a potted plant into the vessel. I hope that answers your question!

3. PCPPH says:

Hello, can I use this picture as a banner background picture?

• Yasha Butler says:

Hi, could you please give me more information about how you plan to use the image. I usually only allow people to use my images if they are directly talking about the work, as in a blog post etc.
      Thanks so much!!

4. Verónica Pereira says:

Hi Yasha:
    I really liked your Litic Collections, and I d like to ask you what type of enamel did you use and what colors?
    I”ve been studyng in a workshop for 3 months and I really like yor results .
    Lots of greetings

• Yasha Butler says:

Hi Veronica,
      Lovely to hear that you have been exploring clay for the last 3 months. I hope you continue 🙂
      I use a natural pigment wash on the surface of my Lithic Vessels. It is a mixture of a melting agent and mineral oxides. I prefer neutral colors, but if you prefer more vibrant colors you can always experiment with Mason Stains. My finishes are all a result of experimentation, sometimes I find the most interesting finish by accident. I’d recommend that you just play around and experiment and see what you come up with!!
      Have fun,
      Yasha

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

LEarn more

About

Hi, I’m Yasha Butler. I am a ceramic artist, sculptor and designer who is passionate about helping people with an understated aesthetic transform their interiors. From large sculptural vessels to simple accessories, I work with clay to create objects that add a sense of poetry to the spaces we live in.

My style is simple, elegant and organic. And, I am a minimalist who adores the beauty of the imperfect.

Meet Yasha

Interested in owning one of my pieces?

Visit Available work

How to Purchase

SUBMIT FORM

I'd love to hear from you! Please fill out the form  or send a note directly to yasha@yashabutler.com. I'll respond within 48 hours, Monday through Friday.

CONTACT

Thank you.

Your message has been sent. We'll be in touch shortly.